Welcome to the place where I rant, rave and discuss books, writing, the town of Cobourg Ontario and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

End of class

While checking out Kat's new blog (check it out, she's awesome), I realized I hadn't posted about the end of the F2K course.

After six lessons, six assignments, a ton of feedback given and received, the F2K free writing course came to an end a few weeks ago. I'm pleased to say that my final submission was chosen by my mentor to represent our class in a final voting contest. Did I win the final? Nope, not even close. But I know what 'they' mean by saying 'it's an honor just to be nominated'. The winning submission was sublime, even I voted for it. It was a take on Cinderella in a whole new light.

I'm still debating on whether or not I will join the August session of F2K, if I decide to do so, it will be because of the amazing people I've met in the 'halls' of the school.

You can read my final submission here . My mom suggested I veer from the "dark and twisty" side for the final assignment and I did so. I'd appreciate any comments or feedback.

Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment