Welcome to the place where I rant, rave and discuss books, writing, the town of Cobourg Ontario and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blog Hop Day #2 - Movies

Sunday - Films
Post about 3 films you like, again you choose how to present, but the idea is to to let us know why so we can get to know you a little better.

Movie #1
Dirty Dancing
Why? Because I was at just the right influential age when this movie came out, and it became a staple of my youth.

Movie #2
Constantine and Stigmata and The Order
I know, I cheated - but I like all three of them for the same reasons. I love movies with religious or spiritual themes. The good vs. evil, God vs Satan, People vs. The Church... either way, these movies are my cup of sinister tea.

Movie #3
Wonder Boys
Come on folks, this is a blog about writing -- I couldn't NOT choose a film that inspires the writer in me every time I watch it. If you haven't seen this one yet, give it a whirl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sveK_fhIqhs&feature=related

11 comments:

  1. good movies all. i share your sinister liking for constantine =] (how bout da vinci code?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only seen one, I was a late teen when Dirty Dancing came out and dating Mrs. RJR not seen it for ages though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tara - oh yes, The Da Vinci Code was awesome, but I enjoyed the books so much more (Angels and demons)

    @RJR -LOL! I don't recommend re-watching it. It was amazing for its time, but has somehow become rather cheesy. But still... a girl can dream:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, I haven't seen any of these movies. I'll have to add them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid I dreamed of finding a boy at camp or other family vacation to dance with. Great 1st choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did see Dirty Dancing back in the day ... it hasn't held up well. I haven't seen the others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody puts Baby in a corner! DD was a staple of my youth too--and I've never quite outgrown it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Eliza - oh they are all must-sees!

    @Amber - Teehee, you're aging yourself, no worries, I did the same by this post.

    @Cathy - No, it's definitely not what it was, but it's still great.

    @Lisa - "I carried a watermelon" I actually have a magnet on my fridge that says that, it's a big watermelon with pink writing. I got it when I went to see the live production of Dirty Dancing in Toronto - now THAT was impressive.

    @all - Writer's Alert: Wonder Boys is a must-see for writers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen any of the three you listed for #2, I don't know why as they seem really intriguing to me. I'll have to put them all on my list and remedy that ASAP.
    LOL I saw Dirty Dancing back in the day too. Now I'll be singing "I had the time of my life..." in my head for the rest of the day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great choices - those cheating 3 are some of my favourites too! Esp stigmata. Brilliant. And Dirty Dancing (along with 9 half weeks - blush) were the movies on in the background of EVERY teen party with the girls - or sleepover teasers. Oh the fantasies inspired! Superb! ;D

    I have a short story called The Dead Party (horror-humour) at http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/07/weekend-creation-blog-hop-dead-party.html

    Shah .X

    ReplyDelete