Welcome to the place where I rant, rave and discuss books, writing, the town of Cobourg Ontario and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

750 Word Brain Dump

verbal diarrhea
750 Word Brain Dump

I spent the last hour running through my blog list trying to figure out who turned me on to this amazing site. I’m at a loss. I can’t find you dear blogger! If you are reading this and have posted about this site in the last week, please leave a comment so I can give credit where it is deserved.

With that said, after multiple self-smackings of my forehead for losing the post, I’ve got to say This Site rocks! It allows you to gush out all of the clutter in your head without worry of critique. It’s a brain dump. Out with the garbage so the creativity can flow! It invokes free writing at its very best. It also rewards your verbal diarrhea with pretty little badges, and who doesn’t like a pretty little badges?

It’s not all fun and games (ok actually it is but regardless…), the site also takes your random spewing of words and “predicts” your mood, thoughts, what’s really on your mind and so on. It’s not necessarily what I use it for, but it’s a fun little tool nonetheless.

Check it out if you get the chance and let me know what you think. It has helped me immensely in pushing out the cluttering garbage, sweeping up the dust bunnies from my brain, organizing my tasks for the day and leaving room for the good stuff to just flow.

Nina

post note: I did finally find the person who posted about this site originally. Thank you SO MUCH Kathleen! If you get the chance, check out Kathleen's original blog @ http://curatedwriter.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. i'm glad you found a way to flow:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check it out, next time I get blocked. (Five, four, three...) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL you crack me up! I'm glad you are enjoying that site, I can't write without it any more! Last night I brain dumped a new story - I said "if I get to 500 words, then I know I have something" - did it without even blinking an eye or breaking a sweat! And the great part was - since it was totally out of genre for me, all of the indicators changed (except that apparently I'm still introverted, go figure!)

    ReplyDelete