Welcome to the place where I rant, rave and discuss books, writing, the town of Cobourg Ontario and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

American Gods by Neil Gaiman: a book review

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

What’s there to say about this novel, except that it is absolutely amazing and if you haven’t yet read it, you should!

Okay, well maybe it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, it is really out there, and I simply couldn’t decide on a genre to put it in. It is beyond categorizing. But it is one hell of an adventure.

Our main character, Shadow, is a regular guy who is a dealt an incredibly irregular hand and handles the situation far better than I know I would. I can’t reveal more without giving away all the amazing little secrets and treasures that reveal themselves in a perfect delivery throughout the story. I refuse to cheat any possible reader of that experience.

American Gods is going right next to Pillars of the Earth on my suggested MUST READ list. If you’ve read it, let me know what you thought of the book (without giving anything away to those who haven’t read it) and if you haven’t read it yet, what are you waiting for?!?!?

2 comments: