Welcome to the place where I rant, rave and discuss books, writing, the town of Cobourg Ontario and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Week in Movies

An interesting movie week

Well, it has been an interesting movie week. I don’t often write about movies on this blog, but hey, there’s a lot to be said about diversity.

Moneyball: This has to be one of the more interesting movies I’ve seen in a long time. A little history, some mathematics, the power of technology and THE WORST ENDING TO A MOVIE EVER! I mean DAMN! Okay okay, I won’t say anymore and blow the story for those who haven’t watched it yet – but really, it deserves an award for worst ending ever.


Goon: On the flipside. I watched Goon over the weekend and I absolutely loved it! Maybe because I’m Canadian, maybe because I’m a hockey fan, or maybe because the film didn’t try too hard to be anything, and therefore succeeded in pretty much everything. Regardless of why it rocked, the point is, it did, in fact, ROCK. This is the kind of movie you want to watch with a few buddies and few brewskies.

Last but not least, and the movie most related to this blog:

One for the Money: Janet Evanovich’s kick-ass character Stephanie Plum takes to the big screen, and well, if you are a fan of the novels, you probably won’t be a fan of the movie. The novels give us Stephanie Plum with big teased and wild jersey-girl hair, a big thick jersey accent and a big over-the-top personality to boot. Katherine Heigl who plays Stephanie Plum in the movie, does provides none of these big moves. Her hair falls flat, her accent falls flat and well, the whole performance falls pretty flat. None of the other characters live up to their on paper counter-parts either. Overall, I was fairly disappointed.


So there ya have it. All three movies are worth watching in my opinion, but only Goon took it over the top.

Have you seen any of the above flicks? What were your impressions of them?

4 comments:

  1. Checking to see if you completed your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and No Peaches. The book I started writing when I began this blog has been on the back-burner for some time now. I did write a novel during NaNoWriMo last November though, so yes I did complete a book :)

    The ideas are still flowing, if I could just commit to one something might actually come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know who your audience and be focused.After you have accumulated some readers, satta Matka

    satta Matka

    ReplyDelete
  4. satta king

    satta king go a step further and find ways to get them to invite their friends on board.

    ReplyDelete