Welcome to the place where I rant, rave and discuss books, writing, the town of Cobourg Ontario and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Re-reading crisis

As per my last post, I tried just writing. I just started writing whatever came to mind at the moment. I ran into another wall... with all these walls I'm hitting, I'll either wind up with a stone labyrinth or a really big welt on my forehead.

Moods tend to shift my writing style. For example, (and yes I'm still on the same project which is a good thing) my first chapter all written out was in a very comical and sassy style. I was in a comical and sassy mood when I wrote it. The problem? The story isn't really comical or sassy, and my heroine doesn't really fit the comical or sassy air that I've given her.

So it's back to the drawing board yet again, and a chapter going to the trash can. Maybe the experts were right and a little more planning needs to be involved. We will see.

The ever-trying,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment