Welcome to the place where I rant, rave and discuss books, writing, the town of Cobourg Ontario and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

F2K writing course and ezine

I've finished my first lesson in the F2K course, and I'm happy to report that though I did not win, I did get an Honorable Mention, which had me published in their ezine. YAY ME!!! I was super-stoked.

Now about the course. It's free folks, that's right, free. You get feedback from other authors, and one review from your mentor. (You can sign up for Mentor reviews on all your pieces, but there is a price.)

The first lesson was so different in it's approach that I was truly shocked. It was a wonderful character development exercise and most of the feedback was really helpful. The writing community that walk the halls of F2K are truly unique to any other writing community I've found online.

Okay, so maybe you don't get a professional to grade your work, but you get what you pay for. And in this little writer's humble opinion, F2K is doing a great deed by being free to writer's such as myself.

3 comments:

  1. Good to know you're doing so well. Make us proud ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Well done. It's great that you've found something that works for you and I hope you've kept a printed copy of that e-zine safe.

    ReplyDelete