Welcome to the place where I rant, rave and discuss books, writing, the town of Cobourg Ontario and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Friday, June 8, 2007

100 word flash fiction

This was a 100 word flash fiction challenge on The Leaky Pencil blog. Words to be incorporated into the story are: lifestyle, standard and past

My entry

Vinny's Meat Shop

“I’m not one to knock the choice to lead a healthy lifestyle. Everyone has their standards right? But when I have to deal with dolts like you, picketin’ outside of my deli, it gets under my skin, ya know? So here’s what I’m gonna do about it. I’m gonna slice off a clean piece of prime meat from your thigh, sauté it with some onions and let you taste for yourself what you’ve been missin’. I may not change your mind about eatin’ meat, but I bet it’s the last time I’ll catch you protestin’ outside of my shop window.”

No comments:

Post a Comment